We need people with a passion for teaching advocacy and the Second Amendment!
GOAL is seeking a handful of volunteers that can help us establish a group of regional grassroots instructors (RGIs). Based loosely on the instructor training for firearm safety instructors, this program would train volunteers that in turn help others become productive activists.
The main purpose for a prospective RGI would not to be directly involved in lobbying or debating, but rather to teach others how to effectively get involved. An official GOAL RGI would hold regional workshops to instruct others on:
- Local activism;
- How to write a letter to the editor;
- How to use social media and how not to use it;
- How to effectively interact with your local legislators;
- Phone calls
- Letter Writing
- Building a solid relationship
- How to actively take part in elections;
- How to develop small groups that will work together when visiting legislators or other activities;
- Education on the legislative process;
- and more.
GOAL is hoping to start this program with as many as six regional members interested in becoming a volunteer RGI. Again, these positions are more about instructor/teaching skills than political skills. If you would like to be considered for one of these volunteer positions, please contact GOAL’s Executive Director Jim Wallace.